05 July 2010

I Will Miss Them

I knew the day was coming but I never prepared myself for it actually happening.  Noah, Davis, and I have had to say goodbye to a lot of things already in preparation for our move to South Africa.  Even though we know God is calling us, it hasn't made it easy for us to say goodbye.

This weekend I had to make a very difficult decision and one I wasn't ready to make.  I came to grips a few months ago that I couldn't bring my puppies with us to South Africa.  I had a lot of tears just thinking about it.well, this weekend we found them a good home and our friends wanted to take our dogs back to South Carolina with them.  I wanted to keep my dogs with me as long as possible but we have such a heavy travel schedule before we leave, that I wanted to be fair to my pups.  Yesterday afternoon, after 6 years, I said goodbye to my two dogs Miles and Colby.  :(



Miles and Colby have brought our family so much joy and I am going to miss them deeply.  This has been then hardest thing for me so far during this transition, and we are not even close to being done.  I have experienced so much loss in my life and I have gotten through it and I know I will get through this, but right now my heart is aching with loss again.


First Day we got Miles (June 2004)!!!!


My little cuddle bug!!!


First day we got Colby (Jan. 2005)!


His first play in the snow!


Miles and Colby you are going to be missed.  Can't wait to come visit and give you lots of hugs and kisses!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I said it to Noah, and will say it to you... We are honored and excited to care for and love your sweet doggies while you are unable to... we know that you are answering a higher calling!! SOOOO proud of you both and look forward to seeing you all again in a few months. Love this post and the adorable pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

This post brought tears to my eyes...I feel the lost with you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I wrote the last post...I forgot to write my name...Melyssa
I was to busy tearing up!!! So sorry

Tanya said...

I am speachleess!!