06 July 2010

The reason for it all!

This hasn't been a easy week for me as we prepare for our next chapter as a family.  I find myself wishing for my old life back so I do not have to feel the pain, to be scared of the unknown, or have to say goodbye to anything or anyone else.  Then I am reminded of this verse: Luke 9: 23: Then He said to them all:"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

As much as I want my old life back, I know there is no turning back.  I am stepping out of myself and putting my life in my Father's hand.  I need to give myself away so He can use me.  I keep coming back to this song from William McDowell "I Give Myself Away."  It has become my theme song for this new chapter in our lives.  I am very excited for this next stage of ministry but I need the reminder sometimes!








No comments: