15 June 2009

June 10 ( They day I will never forget)!!

I was away this week on a cruise with some family and friends. We were at the beach on June 10 and I spent a portion of my time there reflecting on the 2 year anniversary of my father's passing. Here is what I wrote:


At this moment I am looking at the most beautiful view; the ocean. God made an AMAZING creation when he made the white beaches and the turquoise water. I am watching people swimming, laughing, and having a great time with their friends and family. Life is constantly moving….It never stands still. Yet today I am reminded by the day my heart was broken and I didn’t know if I would be able to mend it.
Two years ago I got the worst phone call of my life. My sister telling me that there was a canoe accident and my father had a heart attack.
  • How could this be?
  • God I thought we had a deal?
  • You have my mother, why my dad too?
  • I needed him God.
  • How do I let him go?
  • I am not ready to say goodbye.
These thoughts went through my head full speed. I thought I was going to have a heart attack myself. My heart ached with so much pain.

So it has been two years and I am on a private island in the Bahamas with friends and family. We are having such a great time but I knew what today was. The day I lost my daddy. The day life stood still for me. I didn’t know how to move on but 2 years later I am still living and living with joy in my heart. I have so much to be thankful for…
  • I have an AMAZING husband and son
  • I have GREAT family on both sides
  • An AMAZING church family
  • GREAT friends
  • Most of all I was given the honor of being Jose Rivera’s daughter.
I know my dad wasn’t perfect (who’s is?) but he was mine and he loved me so very much. I loved making him proud and I still know he is. I will be forever grateful for his love and devotion. I can’t wait to see him again along with my heavenly father. I love you daddy!!!!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I miss him too...He would be very proud of us.

Tricia Kaye said...

so true. He would be proud of all his children and grandkids.

Bethann said...

Never forget... we must always carry the memories of our fathers and the gifts that they gave us. We are who we are because of their love and because of the lessons they taught us... I too am thankful for countless blessings and the joys that today and tomorrow bring. Love you! ~Bev

LilyY said...

You have me in tears reading your post. Your father touched the lives of many people including me.