21 June 2009

Father's Day!!!

There are three Father's in my life that I admire and am so blessed to have had and have in my life today. I wanted to take this Father's day blog to honor these three men:

My Father: Jose Raymond Rivera

What an AMAZING dad he was. I am who I am today because of this man!!! He was my biggest fan and loudest cheerleader. Father's Day hasn't been easy these last two years. I long so much to call and say Happy Father's Day or to buy him a gift and send him a card. I know he is happy where he is but I still ache to talk to him and to see him. What I miss the most about my father is all the time I would hear him tell me he loved me and how proud he was of me. My father touched so many lives and I still see the fruit of his labor. I keep a picture of him on my desk at the church, so I can always be reminded that my dad ran the race and he finished strong and so must I. I love and miss you daddy!!!

My Father in-law: Joseph Anthony Kaye

What a MAN!!! I love my father in-law and I hold him so dear to my heart. Since day one he accepted me into his family (that is the man he is). I look forward to seeing him because you get four things when you see Joe Kaye:
  1. A huge smile
  2. A hand raised in the air
  3. A big hello
  4. A big bear hug
You would think...how can someone always smile? Well, Joe Kaye is always smiling and that is one of the things that I admire about him. I wish I smiled half as much as him. Just like I was blessed with three moms, I have been blessed with two dads.
Joe Kaye has meet needs for me that I have needed from a dad and just like my own father I have never felt judged and I know that he is proud of me. He is always there when I need him.
I will never forget:
  • One day after having Davis that I couldn't get out of bed and I was home alone. I was in a lot of pain and I needed a certain medicine. Dad went and got it, let himself in the house, and walked upstairs to my bedroom and gave me the medicine.
  • Or the time when I shut my finger in my van door and I called over to their house (they only live 1.5 miles away) and all I got out was, "I got hurt...I need you...please help." He had no idea what happened or where I was and him and my mother in-law showed up with in minutes. I will never forget seeing him with no shirt on and his shorts weren't even zipped up, but all her cared was getting to me. If that is not love, then what is?
"Juju I love you and I am so blessed to call you dad. I pray that we have many many more years of Father's Day. Thank you for all you love and support and for being the "Hatme" that you are. Happy Father's Day!!!!"

My Husband (Davis' Potter): Noah Joesph Kaye

I don't even know where to begin. There is so much I could say about this AMAZING man, husband, and father. When I would dream about what my husband would be like or the father of my children, I never came close to what I got. Man God Hooked a sister up!!!

Every day Noah amazes me and the minute I think I have figured out the type of dad he is, he does something to throw me off. Noah has a lot of demands on his life and yet he does everything in his powers to put his family first. Since the day we brought Davis home Noah has tried to have healthy boundaries and make time for his family and these past 2 1/2 years he has succeeded.
"Noah, you are an AMAZING father and Davis Loves you very much. I love seeing his eyes light up when you come through the front door. Thank you for being there for us and loving us. We would be lost without you. Happy Father's Day!!!"

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
What a beautiful and loving post about your DADS! I read it to JuJu this morning and it deeply touched him. He was surprised you remembered those things. We love and cherish you as well.
MOM