23 June 2009

Let's get this PARTY started!!!


I am so glad that Noah and I decided to spend our sabbatical in Colorado Springs. What an AMAZING area to live. I can't believe the temperature or the views. I can't get enough of the mountains!!!!

During our trip out here I was starting to find myself getting into a bit of a funk. It was getting hard for me to just sit around and do nothing. We live a fast pace life and we are always on the go, but with getting ready for our trip, the cruise, and driving out here I was feeling the need to start accomplishing the goels that we set for this sabbitical time:
  • Spiritual renewal
  • Physical renewal
  • Family time
  • Time to reflect on life and take inventory on what needs to stay or leave
I really need to take this time to look deep into Tricia Kaye:
  • Who am I really?
  • Why do I worry so much about what people think or say behind my back?
  • When am I going to stop pleasing man and start pleasing God?
  • Why do I need so many opinions when I want to make a decision?
  • Why isn't God's and Noah's enough (they are the ones that will truly not judge me)?
  • What are my top priorities in my life?
I read this quote from Holly Furtick's blog and it is so true and I am going to keep it very close to my heart this summer: "He who lives by the approval of others will die by the absence of the same."

So if you think about it please continue to pray for our time away from normal life and that we come back renewed, refreshed, and ready to go!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People who feel judged are themselves thier biggest judge