02 December 2010

Making Lemonade out of Lemons!

Christmas is my favorite time of year! Every year I can't wait to decorate our house for Christmas, but things are very different this year. We have no house to decorate and I found myself getting very sad. Then we decided to take some lemons and make some lemonade.  We are living at my sister in-law Joeley's house and she told us to put a tree up in her basement.  I was going to get a 3 foot tree for our room but then we got a skinny 6 foot tree.  Davis was so excited to put it up and that helped me get in the spirit.  We took time and pulled out every personal ornament and talked about it.  It brought joy to my heart when Davis recognized one of his ornaments!


Not looking so good!


Davis putting up one of his ornaments!


The finished product!! Not as pretty as my tree that is in storage, but it is still ours.

What sort of lemonade have you made recently?  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

whittakerwoman said...

We've had a couple of these kind of years. Think of it on the flip side. After Christmas when everyone is going crazy packing it up. Just relax and enjoy the fact that you don't have to do much! Enjoy other peoples work! :) H