01 November 2010

I Am Thankful For.... The Davis Family


This month I want to take the time to blog about the things I am thankful for this year. The first one comes from our trip to Georgia this past weekend!

I am THANKFUL for the Davis Family!  Since 2002 we have been driving down to Columbus, GA to see Noah's Great Uncle and his family (this is our 8th trip).  Noah was very close to his Grandfather, James Davis, and his uncle Gordon is the closest thing to a Grandfather that he has now, and for that matter, Uncle Gordon and Aunt Elsie are the closest thing to grandparents that I have ever had.

We love coming down to see them and at the same time we get to spend time with the other cousins and their children.  Our son, Davis is named after this side of the family, and after this visit his name means even more to us.

Saying goodbye this visit was a lot harder than in the past for two reasons...

1.  We are moving overseas and it will be a few years until we see them again.
2. Uncle Gordon and Aunt Elsie are really sick and this may very well be the last time we ever see them.


There wasn't a dry eye in their house when we said our goodbyes.  My prayer and hope is that we get to see them again when we come home but God may have other plans. If that is so, I  know where I will be seeing them next and for that I am so thankful for!


In 2010 I am so very thankful for the Davis Family (all of them)!

No comments: