02 November 2010

Homeschooling a Preschooler!

I never thought in a million years that I would be homeschooling my kid.  It isn't because I'm against it but I never thought it was for me or my child.  Davis starts school in January 2011 in Cape Town, South Africa, and he and I are very excited about it.  January seems so far away for a kid who begs to do school work every day, so I decided to start homeschooling him in September when we left for China.  A friend of mine introduced me to this curriculum and I fell in love with it right away.  It is so easy to use and they have all the lesson plans written out for you.  I have loved every minute of teaching my Davis and having this time with him.  He is learning a lot and I am so very proud!

He is some of his school work....


He is recognizing and writing letter Aa - Jj.


He learned how to write his name in 1 week!


He can recognize up to 7.

1 comment:

Tonya Wood said...

He is so smart! I'm glad you are able to teach him, I know you're doing an outstanding job!