13 October 2010

Who are you really?


Who are we really?  I ponder on this question at times. When I look in the mirror who and what do I see?

  • Do I see "me" through the eyes of others? 
  • Do I see "me" through the eyes of the Most High?
Shouldn't we see ourselves through His eyes? Isn't that truly who we are?  When I start questioning myself about who I am or seeing myself through the eyes of others, I need to look back at His word to remind me of the truth.

Hope these verses bless you like they bless me:
  • "For you created me inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13 - 14
  • "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance to do." Ephesians 2:10
  • "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good...." Genesis 1:31
  • "Our God is in heaven; he does whatever please him." Psalm 115:3
Which eye do you want to look through?

No comments: