10 October 2010

My Hero!!


Today wasn't an easy day for Noah and I (more Noah then me).  Lots of things in this transition hasn't been easy but it's what must be done during this time.  Today Noah preached his last sermon to the CCF body. Saying goodbye to our church family hasn't been easy and on Oct 24th (our last Sunday) will not be my favorite day.  I would like to skip that day but it would only hurt more  I don't want to say goodbye.  I wish CCF could come with us to Cape Town or Cape Town come to us.  Impossible I know but a girl can dream!

These last 7 years I have watched my husband lead a church the best he knew how.  Not many 24 year old are giving a lead pastor position and would most likely run from it but Noah didn't.  Was he perfect? NO. Did he make mistakes? GOSH YES! Was he the best one for the job? Who knows, but CCF believed in him.  For that I am so thankful! Thank you CCF for trusting my husband to lead this amazing church. Noah isn't the same person he was 7 years ago and I am more proud of him then the first day he started at CCF.  Noah was stretched, broken, healed, challenged, questioned, at times disliked, and most of all loved.  In all of the ups and down he has grown stronger, wiser, and more willing to go after God then ever before.

I could have stayed at CCF for the rest of my life and be very happy but the last year and a half I watched my husband struggle with God about his future.  He wants nothing more then to be like Jesus and serve people like Jesus did.  How can I stand in the way of that? God is calling Noah/us out to something different. Something far more then us and we are willing to learn.  I can go anywhere with my hero, the love of my life, the father of my son, and my best friend.  We taught Davis that home is where mommy and daddy are, but for me home is where Noah and Davis are.  I can live in a card board box (please God don't) and I will be just fine with my two hearts!


Noah Kaye I am so proud of you! I am more in love with you on THIS day then the day we said "I DO." Thank you for trying so hard to be like Jesus and willing to let it all go.  You finished well and God will continue to carry you through whatever journey he has for us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said and he is my hero too
Mom

Unknown said...

Years ago, Ken felt lead to go into the mission field. I didn't feel the same way and was scared out of my mind that he would move us far way from where I felt safe. After I finally decided to be willing to go, God lifted that burden from Ken.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences in Cape Town and hope to see many pictures. I and Alisha miss both you and Noah a lot. I especially miss Noah's exuberance and his humor. God bless!

Kathy Sykes said...

What an amazing experience this will be for your entire family. There is nothing better than teaching your children (and yourself) the extraordinary need for service in this world. I fully anticipate the my family will be on the same road as yours and will be following closely your future works for the Lord. Please keep in contact with me through FB and my blog (www.wifemotherfirstlady.com). You never know, I paths may cross somewhere in the world again.
God Bless you!!