09 October 2010

Gone too Long!!!


It has been a long time since I have written a blog without stealing from my hubby.  Life has been one big ride lately and I haven't had the strength to share my thought or feelings.

Can you believe that in three months we are moving to Cape Town, South Africa!!! Don't worry I can't believe it either.

I have gotten a lot of:

  • I can't believe you are going to South Africa!
  • How are you dealing?
  • I could never do what you all are doing.
  • Are you sure this is the right thing to do?
  • You are not really moving. God is sending you a ram soon.
  • It is weird what you all are going to be doing.
  • You must really love you husband to follow him like this.
  • The questions just go on.....
What I have to say to these questions are:
  • BELIEVE it we are moving to South Africa! :)
  • I am doing great.  For once in my life I am in total peace. Thank you Jesus!!!!
  • Yes you can do what we are doing if God calls you to go and you listen.  He equips His people.
  • I am as sure as I will ever be and if we are wrong then the doors will not open and that will be ok. It is never wrong to go where you think God is leading you too.
  • Come on Ram!!! I will take it and love to stay but only if it is God's will.
  • It may be weird what we may be doing to you, but not to God.  If you read the Bible you will see lots of weird things and beside people thought Jesus was weird, so I take this statement as a huge compliment!
  • I really do love my husband with my whole heart and soul, but I'm not following him but following HIM.  He has called all of us (Noah, Tricia, and Davis).
I am so excited for this next journey that God is taking us on and I am ready to lead out of my comfort zone.  I am ready to be stretched and molded like Him! 


Has this transition be easy? Heavens NO! We moved out of our house, sold over half of our earthly possessions, said goodbye to my dogs (I still cry for them), and we are now living in our 4th home and who knows how many more beds we will sleep in before our plane takes off. I HATE change.  Let me say it again, I HATE change, but by the grace of God I am dealing and dealing well.  Today as we moved to our 4th home (after getting home from a conference at 3:30am), we were filled with peace and joy with the fact that we have a place to lay our heads every night.  Davis had a huge smile on his face when we walk into Miss (Ruth) Roofie's house because he couldn't believe how big her house was and that they had three stairs (he means three floors).  Even Davis is ok with this transitions and I am so thankful to Jesus for caring for my family, and for that I am so ready to follow Him where ever He leads us.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Tricia!!! Proud of you!
Tracy

Noah said...

Unbelievable Post!!! You are inspiring me every day to keep on. You are unreal, Baby. You are living this post every day. I see it. I thank the Lord for it. Jesus is going ahead of us. We are just following him.

Anonymous said...

Everything is going to work out and this change is going to be a great experience...It also give me a reason to viist Cape Town Africa!!!

Stephanie Lindo said...

Hey I love u like crazy sad to see u leave but glad to see you happy I want Ito know I support u and am proud of u have hopefully we can chill this week again :-) much love

kristinbucher said...

Love you and wish I could give you a HUG this morning!! Bless you! Keep it up, girl. The road is worth following. -Kristin