12 November 2009

A Word!!


This week in Capi's kids we will be looking at this memory verse...

1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Never stop praying.” (NLT)

That is a verse that I need to keep dear to my heart. There are times when I wonder if God is really hearing my prayers. Then I wonder if He is, then why isn't He answering them? We know that God hears ALL prayers but He chooses to answer them when and in the way He feels fit. The worse thing we can do is stop praying.

We should pray all the time. We can pray at...
  • home
  • work
  • school
  • with friends
  • with our children
  • in the car (this one is my favorite)
  • exercising
  • etc..
A college friend once told me that praying shouldn't be something that needs to be planned and squeezed into our day, but prayer should be an ongoing conversation in your head with God. He knows all and hears all, so why do we always feel we need to speak it out all the time? He knows what is in our head. I am not saying that praying out loud is wrong because that is also important, but God is more concerned with talking to you. He doesn't care how you do it.

JUST DO IT!!!!

No comments: