15 May 2009

It's been awhile


So every Tuesday night is family night in the Kaye household. We get home and give Davis all our attention. No...
  • TV
  • Cell phones
  • Laptops
  • Nora Roberts!!!
We do lots of different things together
  • Park
  • Out to dinner
  • Mall
  • Etc...
The plan is for Noah and I to have our own time after Davis goes to bed, but that hasn't been happening. Life just has been crazy and WE have put other things first. It also hasn't helped having a visitor in our bed every night.

Last night we had a plan:
  • Get home
  • Change
  • Out to dinner with Kaye and Hunt family before heading back to my school for a spring musical.
The plan didn't happen:
  • The in-laws came
  • Davis and Naylin wanted to go with Grammy and Hatme.
  • Dinner went from 7 down to 2 (Noah and I)
We got to Carrabba's and sat down and looked at each other and said, "When is the last time this has happened?" Who knows and who cares! I am so glad that I had my husband to myself, even if it was for one hour. Confession: We talked to each other more in that hour then the last few weeks. We have to get back to date night!!!

What do you like to do for date night?

4 comments:

Noah said...

Am I the gray one or the brown one? Amen, honey!

Anonymous said...

Adam and I always spend at least two to three hours together everyday...unless he's away for work!!! very important

mommy to many said...

go out to eat or just spend time watching/falling to sleep watching a movie at home!! we ado it EVERY WEEK...someimes 2X we have to..we have 4 kids without our time as husband and wife we couldn't have made it through all we have been through...

Anonymous said...

those in-laws really mess things up