19 May 2009

Airing Dirty Laudry!!!

Being a Mom is HARD!!!!



Here is my junk for for the week. It has been hard being a mom this last month. Davis is going through some transitions.
  • Not listening very well
  • Not sharing his toys
  • Not sleeping in his own bed anymore
  • Being very rough with his friends (especially the little ones)
  • Very clingy to me ( at home, church,and school). It has been hard to do my job at church because if he sees me he flips out and the same at school. There are days when I can't have lunch with him because he freaks out when I have to go back to my classroom.
Here is what this has done to me:
  • I feel like I have to be so strict with him because I don't want to let anything slide. I am so scared to have a "bad child".
  • I am starting to feel myself worth in my 2 year old. If he not doing well, then neither am I.
  • I feel like I need to protect him more so he doesn't get falsely accused.
  • I find myself not wanting to put him in a situation that could cause him to act up. He had such a bad day yesterday that I went to bed early to hold him and cry because I didn't know what else to do.
  • I feel it is my fault because I am not home with him during the day. I can't wait!!! 7 more days of school left and I will have more time with him. I am sick of others having him more than me. I think he really needs me know, so I am thanking God right now for making it financially possibly for me to do this.
I hate that I feel like I need my son to be perfect. I hate that I am letting what other people say about him to effect what I really think. I hate that I care what others think in general. They are not going to stand before God on my behalf or my son.

If you think about it pray for me. Pray that God continues to make me into the mom that I need to be for Davis and any other kids to come. I need to remember that my son is not perfect and that he is ONLY 2. I need to be true to my heart and know that I have an AMAZING kid and I really don't think I have done half a bad job raising him thus far.

"Sorry DayDay, Only 7 more days and you are going to have a lot more of your mommy. Promise!!!!"

4 comments:

Noah said...

Babe, thanks for your vulnerability. I respect it. God is leading us, Davis is an outstanding boy, and you are a phenomenal Mother. Bet that there!

Anonymous said...

Please rest assured, some of this behavior is typical. Two years old was the hardest for me. One of their main struggles at that age is autonomy. I am happy to hear you will be able to stay home with Davis and you can give him more of yourself. Keep consistent and follow your heart. :)

Anonymous said...

I always pray for you, Noah and Davis. Don't beat yourself up because there is a thing called the "Terrible 2's".

Anonymous said...

it's one thing to want to protect him and give him "extra" love and such but be careful that he doesn't interpret that as "it's ok to act this way cuz mommy will still give lots of hugs and kisses." he still needs to know that what he is doing is not acceptable and it will be punished. just know that he is two and he is going through a time that will be tough on you. the punishment needs to fit the crime. as long as your calm about it it will make him aware that you do still love him and he is not "bad" just his actions.