10 March 2009

That wasn't supposed to Happen

Today I spoke in chapel and came prepared to talk to the kids and I ended up talking to myself. I Started chapel by reading a storybook called "If Only I were..." By: Carl Sommer.

The story was about a mouse that wished he was...
- a great big cat
- a tiger
- an elephant
- an elephant trainer
The mouse wanted to be all these except the way he was made, but by the end of the story he was glad he was a mouse again.

I shared the Bible verse:"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalms 139:14. I shared with the kids that is doesn't matter
-if you tall or short
-if you are fat or thin
-if you are red, yellow, black, or white
-if you are smart or not so smart
-if you are athletic or not

....God took the time to create you and He is prefect and that is how He made you.
I really needed to hear that. It dug dip into my soul. I have been so concerned about my weight. I have let my weight control my whole life. This is what goes through my mind, I am fat so I must....
- Be ugly
- Be unattractive to my husband
- amount to nothing
- Be a loser because I can't get it off
- Be a failure because I put it on in the first place
- have been the problem when I miscarried

I know that these are all lies but I can't help myself for feeling this way and I know that I am not the only women in the world that feels this way. So here is my prayer for me and anyone else with this feeling:
"Lord help me to see me through Your eyes. That I am amazing and wonderful. Help me to appreciate the good in my life and stay positive. I need your strength and love each day. Thanks for you love and grace" Amen

6 comments:

Noah said...

Baby, you are precious and beautiful in my eyes!! And the way that I feel about you and see you does not even start to compare to how crazy God is about you!

I am proud of you for your vulnerability to share this with whoever may read it. May it touch people!

Love you, your chubby husband! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tricia, what an example you are of tranparency and vulnerability and authenticity. Those are lies right from the mouth of the Enemy. You tell him to get back and that he has got NOTHING on the masterpiece of OUR MIGHTY GOD!!! May God answer your prayer today and from this day forward, for you and for all of us!!! And may He lead us not into the temptation of dessert!! LOL!!

Tricia Kaye said...

Thanks Helena. I also want to use this blog to share my feelings and hope it can help others.

Anonymous said...

Tricia,

Tears welled up in my eyes as I read your blog. Thank you for your authenticity and transparency - for letting us into your thoughts. Right after I read this post I read Mark Batterson's post from today called "God Likes You." I'd highly recommend that you read it. I've not read the book that he references, but it sounds great. You are an amazing lady.

Amanda Anderson

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks so much for being you...Real! That is what I love about you guys. You don't dummy things down and your not fake. That message meant a lot to me, Thanks.

Mommyof3gifts said...

ok.. so I too got teary girl! Thank you for that reminder.. we are ALL precious in HIS sight. I love you girl, and HE love you alot more...your friendship is a treasure and a blessing to my life! I thank God for you and Noah!