09 March 2009

I Marriage


We have a group of couples that we hang out with often. We decided to do something a bit different during some of our hang out times. We all wanted to do something that would help build our marriage and we felt that we all would be comfortable talking and sharing with each other. It has been hard to schedule it but when we do get together it is a great time and it is also refreshing to do it without the children.

The small group curriculum that we are using is called "I marriage" by Andy Stanley. He is a great speaker and during these sessions he presses the issue of "I." Marriage is not built on "I", it doesn't get messed up with "I", it doesn't get fixed with "I", and it doesn't fail with "I." He helps you see what are wants in a marriage and what are expectations. Many times we think are wants should be in our expectation's basket. Last night we did an exercise together and it ended up being very positive. We all wrote down are expectations of our spouse and then we went around and share them. You should try doing this with your spouse.

1 comment:

The Nash Family said...

Hey Tricia, this is good stuff. Bernie and I getting ready to do the same thing with a group of couples. How awesome!

Cydne