17 October 2011

Blessing in Community!

Circle-of-friends-earth
I know it has been a long time since I have written a blog post but life got really busy and being pregnant I only had enough energy to give to my family and to ministry. That said I am feeling better and my energy level is getting better, so I promise to write more often!

My first post being back I want to talk about being blessed in the community I am living in. God knew exactly what I needed when He moved me 8000 miles away from my family and friends. While Noah was away for 2 weeks, I came down with the flu. It was pretty bad and it was hard for me to get out of bed and tend to Davis.

I have made some amazing friends here and they were ready and willing to take turns nursing me back to health and tend to Davis. I couldn’t believe the care they were giving me and they made it easy being sick without Noah home and having my family to lean on.

In these last several months I have never experience community quite like this. 8 months ago these ladies were total strangers and now they are there when I need them. One was even willing to hold the trash can as I puked my guts out and if that wasn’t bad enough, she insisted to clean it out so I could go back and lay down.

No comments: