20 April 2011

Treasured Gifts

I have been meaning to share two special gifts that I got for my birthday.  I have been so blessed by all the amazing new people in our lives. They have been so loving, caring, and supportive!  Recently, I was given two gifts that had meaning for my life. They represent things that God was showing me before I left for South Africa and continued when I got here.

Dscn4983

My friend Tersia (staff of All Nations) bought me these flowers for my birthday to go along with a word she gave me the second week of lecture. She came up to me one day to tell me that I am here for a reason and that God wants to continue to bloom me into what He has always intended me to be. When Tersia gave me the flowers the buds weren't open. She went on to tell that this is a beautiful flower that hasn’t bloomed, but it will, and when it does it will be beautiful. Just like the flower I am ready to bloom into something beautiful!

Dscn4985

My friend Julianna (staff of All Nations) gave me a painting that she painted of a tree with this Psalm 1:5 on the back. “You’re a tree replanted in Eden, bearing fresh fruit every month, never dropping a leaf, always in blossom.” Julianna had no idea what was going on in my life and yet she thought this would be a perfect gift for me.  It is hanging in my room with the verse under it so I can see it everyday and be reminded that God is changing me everyday!

 

God is doing amazing things in my life these last 3 months and He is far from done.  It has been painful at times but I know that in the end it will be so rewarding! My greatest prayer right now is, "God please don't stop until you are done with me!"

No comments: