10 March 2011

Psalm 18 Remix

A few weeks ago we were asked to pick a passage of scriptures and rewrite it in our own words Then we got in groups of 3 to share what we wrote.  One of the ladies in my group reworte Psalm 18 and it was awesome.  She gave me permission to share it, so here goes....

Psalm_18_title

Psalm 18 Momma J style:

Lord, your my heart and strength.

You are my safe place, my hero, the safe place I run to.

When I'm in trouble I just holla out your name and you always come.

Everyone wanted to hurt me, the pimps, the tricks, the hoes. Some wanted to kill me.

They all tried to hold me down and make me a slave to "The Game".

But one day, I dared to yell for help.

When I did, the battle trumpets in Heaven were blown and God got "Ready to Rumble!"

He came down and man everything got crazy!

Stuff started flying through the sky and He kicked some enemy booty!

He set this slave free!

He reached all the way down from Heaven to save little ole me!

He knew I had gotten in over my head and I was goin DOWN!

But He said, "Oh no you don't!  That's my girl!" And He lifted me up out of my pit and gave me freedom!

You know why?  Why He did that for me?

Check this out.... Cause He delights in me!  That's right!  I make God happy!!!

You know, God, He's perfect.  He is a safe place for everyone.

Think about it...are you God?  Can you save everyone? Anyone? No.  Only He can.

Oh, but He didn't stop there, No!  Now He trains me on how to fight for myself.

Now I'm kicking enemy booty and I even get to help Him free other people!

So because He's all that and a bag o' chips...I'm gonna go everywhere and tell them about Jesus!

No comments: