21 December 2010

Disney Movie = Bible Lesson!

I was watching the Jungle Book with my niece and Davis and towards the end of the movie we came to a very touching scene.  Later I found myself re-watching this part and being very moved.  Listen for the description of John 15:13: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."






 When I was watching this particular scene I thought about what Jesus did for me.  I even took the opportunity to share with Davis that just like Baloo, Jesus laid his life down for a friend (us). With a little  bit of effort you can find the positive in every kids movie (among the negatives) and teach an important lesson.  We just need to have an open mind and a willingness to see the grey areas.

Focus on the family "Plugged In" helps you find the good and the bad in most movies and lesson that can be learned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that movie!!!