27 October 2010

Be a light this Sunday!!!!!

On one of my walks this week I noticed that many of the doors in the neighborhood had this on it.  I was wondering what it was all about and then I came to a house with a gift basket at their door with the same paper- "We've been boo'ed."  I then remembered that my sister in-law's neighborhood does this too and it got my mind spinning.

We, as Christians, talk about wanting to reach our community for Christ and I quickly thought that this idea would be such a cool way to reach out to our neighbors.   We could use a so called "Devil's" holiday for something good by "booing" our neighbors with a lovely basket and showing them that someone thought of them and cares about them.  You do not know what your neighbors are going through.  This could even be a start of some God honoring relationships; loving holistically!

As I was thinking about what a good idea it would be to boo you neighbor, I got an even greater idea.  Why don't we use Halloween as a God honoring night?  Too many Christians turn their back on this holiday because they will not be a part of a pagan day. We Christians need to stop tripping and turn on our lights and pass out candy to the children that come to the door.  We are missing an AWESOME opportunity to spread the gospel.  How many times a year are you given the opportunity to have tons of people coming to your door to receive what you have for them?  Give them what they want...some candy...and while you are at it, a tract, an invitation to your church or some other creative tool to spread Jesus.  You never know what it could do!

It says in the Bible to, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel."  God didn't say to go into some of the world or only the world we are comfortable with, but to go into ALL.  Our culture celebrates Halloween and this coming Sunday we have a job to do.  Go out and transform a world for Jesus. 



1 comment:

Helena said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!