03 May 2010

My Heart!!!


This morning Noah and I shared with the congregation about our call to move on to Cape Town South Africa.  It was a hard week leading up to Sunday.  Lots of tears were shed at the thought of saying goodbye to a community that we love so deeply.
Noah started the sharing and he announced the news and then he invited me to share my heart with the church.  I wanted to share my notes with all of you.

  • We all know that I have a crazy husband who isn’t afraid of doing new and risking things!!!  So you may be wondering what is Noah up to now and what is he doing to his poor family!!  Well I have to say that this isn’t one of Noah’s new things he is trying to do.
  • There are some times (let me stress some times) in our 8 years of marriage that I have said “alright honey we will do it your way.” Or “ I am going to do it because I trust you as the spiritually head of our home.”
  • This transition was not one of them.  I sensed it was coming and prayed it wouldn’t, but observing Noah after this past summer I knew God was doing a new work in him and in me. 
  • When Noah told me he was sensing God was calling him on in January I heard it but didn’t accept it yet.  I am a late bloomer!!!
  • I started praying harder then I have ever prayed and one month later I had this overwhelming peace that God was indeed calling us on.  It was a sad moment for Noah and I but I knew without a doubt God was in control.
  • We didn’t even know what we were going to do next and yet I still kept the faith and had an overwhelming peace about it.
  • When Noah started to break the news to me about moving oversees I quickly told him that I was not moving oversees period.  I told him I wasn’t called to do something like that.  I was not moving to China. I said China because that is where Noah's hearts has been for sometime.  Then he said we didn’t have to talk about china but how about Africa.  I quickly wanted to go back to moving to China"
  • It was the weirdest feeling for me because after spending 5 minutes asking questions any women or mother would asked I stopped and looked up at Noah with a big smile and said “I can get excited about this!” And “this is it!”
  • I am a person that loves my stability.
    • I love my things and my things love me
    • I love my comfort
    • I love familiarity
    • I love my holidays to look the same every year
  • That said I know that I know God has called our family to Cape Town South Africa to do some very unknown things for his kingdom and I am so excited and ready to be used by him in these new ways.
  • I have been coming back to this verse for a while now and I want to share it with you.               Luke 9: 23: Then He said to them all:"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."
  • This isn’t going to be an easy transition for me or for us as a family.  I plead with you all to please pray for me as a wife and mother that is moving on to the unknown. Pray for Davis that this will be an easy transition and pray for Noah who desires so much to hear the Lord and obey him and lead us well.

·      

2 comments:

Noah said...

You have NO IDEA how proud I am to be your Husband and have you as my partner for life! What a woman of God you are, honey! You made yesterday so much better for so many reasons.

Anonymous said...

We will be keeping you guys in prayer and I know you are carrying out God's will and will do good works in South Africa.