25 January 2010

Caught in a Hail Storm!!!




Tonight I thought it would be a good night to take a walk.  Davis wanted to go and ride his bike and I decided to take my sister's dog along.  We had a great walk and the weather was so nice; until it started to rain.  I had no idea it was going to rain.  I told Davis we needed to pick up the pace and within seconds the Hail started.  We were 1/2 mile from home and I had a boy on his bike and a dog who doesn't know how to walk on a leash.

I was trying to find shelter in the middle of a parking lot.  I picked up Davis and his bike and started running. As the hail started picking up, a lady pulled up in her truck and told me to get in the car.  I didn't even think twice!!! I grabbed Davis and threw him in the truck with the wet dog.  I was so grateful that this women showed up and cared enough to help.  Thank you mystery women!!!!


I was glad to be home safe and in dry clothes and Davis loved telling everyone what happened as they walked in the door for small group.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for compassionate people in a storm! I love this story and who it was does not even matter. God sent an angel to protect you and your son. Glad you are safe. UCJ

Kathy Sykes said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safe!

Helena said...

See yet another reason not to exercise! Just kidding!

Unknown said...

Sounds like she was your special angel:)