01 December 2009

Countdown to Christmas!!!

Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday.  I love getting into the holiday spirit with Christmas music, Trees, lights, buying gifts, wrapping, being with family and most of all experiencing it with my son Davis.

There are so many different family traditions that you can do with your family.  I have a few that I love to do every year and I will share in a later post.  This year Noah and I want to start some traditions of our own.  One thing that we decided was to read this book together every day.



This books helps explain the "true meaning of Christmas" and it gives lots of cool family activities to do.
Today was day 1 and the book talked about Advent.  They main thing Davis got out of it was that Christmas was coming soon.  At the end of reading day 1, they told us to make our own Advent calendar.  It could be numbers written on a piece of paper, a real calendar, or the one that we chose was a paper chain advent.




Davis was excited to rip the first chain off.  Now only 24 more days til Christmas.

How does your family get ready for Christmas? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new creative idea. I really want to start celebrating Three Kings Day with Graciela.