12 October 2009

Friendships!!!

I am struck by this passage of scripture in Mark 2:

"Jesus entered Capernaum again. The people heard that he had come home. So many people gathered that there was not room....Four of those who came were carrying a man who could not walk. But they could not get him close to Jesus because of the crowd. So they made a hole in the roof above Jesus. Then they lowered the man through in on a mat. Jesus saw their faith. so he said to the man, "Son, your sins are forgiven." ...Then Jesus spoke to the man that could not walk. "I tell you," he said, "get up. Take your mat and go home."

Jesus saw the faith of the man's friends. Their faith is what healed that man that day. If Jesus did that then, then will He do that now? If the answer is yes, then shouldn't we put ourselves around friends that have like or better faith then us? I know that I need too!!! "Friendships" have really mattered to me lately and I am bless to have certain ones around me that are praying for and encouraging me to be the BEST Tricia I can possibly be. I know that they are praying for me for the things that I have requested and I am so thankful that their faith allows them to believe those prayers will be answered.

So ask yourself, Do you have a friend...
  • Praying for you?
  • Lifting you up?
  • Challenging you on the hard stuff?
  • Making you a better you?
  • Whose faith is strong enough to heal you?
We all deserve friends like that. Pray that God will bring a friend like that into your life. You may have to help him out a bit by letting go of some friends that aren't helping you grow closer to the Lord. It may not be easy but it is better then becoming like them. Say "YES" to GREAT friendships!!!

No comments: