03 August 2009

Does God Love ME???


I am reading "Let Go" by Sheila Walsh and I came across a section on God's grace. This is what she wrote ..."It's hard to extend to others what you have not allowed yourself to be blessed by, but the truth remains:"
  • As you are, right at this moment, God loves you.
  • He knows all that is true about you, and he loves you.
  • Even when you can't forgive yourself, he forgives you.
  • There is nothing you can do to make him love you more.
  • There is nothing you can do to make him love you less.
THIS IS THE GRACE OF GOD!!!!

When I came across this chapter yesterday I said to myself, "I needed to hear that." I need to continue to remind myself of God's grace for myself and for others. If you are reading this, this could also be for you!!!

Here is the prayer Sheila Walsh wrote at the end of the chapter:

"Father God, Thank you for the grace you offer me right at this moment. Deliver me from self-doubt and fear. Help me to feast on your glorious gift of fresh-baked grace every morning. Thank you that your love and grace invite us all to feast. May I share this feast with someone else today." Amen

No comments: