01 April 2009

A Thought for the Day


....What matters is not who we are, what we accomplish, or what we look like. What matters most is a life spent with Jesus....

I came across this thought today when I was reading a devotional. What a powerful thought!

We serve an AMAZING God. He pursues us with passion, not giving up on us even when we have given up on ourselves. We may hide behind food, sleep, angry, control, our spouses, kids, past, etc... but God knows our true heart and is ready and willing to walk us out of those dark spots in our lives.

It’s not about who we are or what we do in our own strength, and it certainly isn’t about whether we look a certain way or what we have accomplished. God loves us for who we are on the inside, and we need to strive to be who He created us to be- a worshiper of Him.

Here is my prayer for today, "Father, continue to draw me to Your feet. Give me an intense desire to spend more time with You and less time focused on me."

1 comment:

Noah said...

Good Stuff, Babe! I like this. And I like you too! ;-0