04 March 2009

Tricia the "Book Worm"


As a child I loved getting lost in a book. Being a Pastor's kid I had to go along with my parents on many visitations. A lot of the time we visited people who only spoke Spanish and that was very boring to me because I didn't understand a lick of it. So into my book I went. I loved imagining the characters in the book and I tried many times to imagine me as the character. Well, life took a different toll and I stopped reading after high school. I guess I was too busy reading college textbooks to engage in leisure reading.

This past March I started reading again and I forgot how much I missed and loved this pastime. In 2008 I read 67 books. You might say, "How does this chick have time to read with her busy life?" Well I do because I make it important to me. Instead of watching TV at night after Davis goes to bed, I sit in my recliner and read. If I have other things to do after Davis goes to bed then I read when I go to bed. I find time on the weekend when Davis is napping to curl up in a book. Also, my husband has us running the roads a lot, so I find time there. I even carry books with my to the doctors office and read while I wait. This helps pass the time away and I do not get agitated when I sit at the Doctors office for over an hour. You should try it, it is very therapeutic.

So far this year I have read 17 books and it is the beginning of March. Look out all the book worms out there! I am a Shelia Walsh, Debbie McComber, Nora Roberts,and Susan Wiggs fan. I read anything I can get my hand on, but I mostly like drama, love stories. It is so much better then watching TV.

I will also use this blog to share some amazing books I have read. Stay turned because I soon will be sharing about the best grief book I have ever read....

3 comments:

Noah said...

I wish I read a quarter as much as you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful posts, Tricia. I will look forward to reading your blog as I do Noah's. I love you.
MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!

Cool! I have you bookmarked. Now I can stay a little more involved in your busy life! Wish we lived closer. Looking forward to your visit!
Tracy