12 March 2009

Thought of the week

....When making a life changing decision think about who will be affected, and weigh the pros and cons.... Here is where I came up with this thought. Read it below...


There are so many people divorcing these days. What happened to....
"til death do us part"
"for better or worse"
"cherishing one another."

I understand divorce when there is spousal or child abuse and for a spouse being unfaithful, but I don't get when someone chooses to not love their spouse anyone and decided to give up without a fight. I know people feel like they have done everything and at times your heart becomes harden, but that is when you fall to your knees everyday and pray for change in you, change in your spouse, and change in your marriage.

I know I may upset some readers, but there is a thing called freedom of speech and I have the right to use it. Don't get me wrong, I wont or ever judge someone that is divorced. I write these thoughts because of one of my students in my class who is dealing with this very thing in her home.

Today, my student (we will call her Allison) came in looking so sad. She was on the verge of tears and I called her to my desk and lifted her onto my lap. I sent the rest of the class to music and I took the opportunity to spend time with Allison. I asked her what was bothering her and this is some of the things she said:

"I am sad because my parents are getting a divorce"
"I don't like being with one of my parents at a time"
"I want them to stay together"
"I feel that they get mad at me"
"I feel that it is my fault; that I am part of the argument"

It took everything in me to wait for her to leave before I broke down in tears. Of course I told her it is not her fault and that big people sometimes can't get along, and that her parents will never stop loving her. But that is not what she really wanted to hear and I could not give that to her. I couldn't tell her that her parents were going to get back together. Oh how it breaks my heart to see what divorce does to children.

Please pray for anyone that you know that may or is going through a divorce. Here is a pray for my precious Allison, "Lord at this very moment be with Allison. Wrap your arms around her and give her the peace and security that she needs right now. Be with her parents. Help them to make the right decision and take Allison and her brother into consideration. Help them to get along for the sake of the children and to show that no matter what, they will always give her love and support. If it is your will God, grant healing in this marriage. You are a God of miracles and right now I am asking for one. I love you with all my heart. In Jesus' Holy name." Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very sad situation I'll also Pray for this child and her parents. Satan will do anything to destroy marriages. God Bless your heart First Lady.

Sassy Stitches in MD said...

I will pray for her and her family.