25 March 2009

Missing Him today

Some days are just plain hard to get through. Today a kindergarten parent came in and told us her father passed away during the night. She was so broken and I felt June 10th, 2007 coming back to me. What a horrible day for this lady. I pray God's peace on Marquez's mom today.

I found myself tearing up thinking about my dad. I miss him so much it hurts. I hate that he is missing my life, Noah's life, our families' life, and especially Davis' life. Davis looks at pictures of him and says Papa Ray. It hurts knowing that Papa Ray will only be a picture to him and be his mommy's dad. He will not have memories of his grandpa. I am grateful that Davis has Hatme (Noah's dad), but I still feel like he will miss out on another amazing man.

When I start missing my dad I try to think about good memories we had. So, today I went through some pictures and cried and also had joy when I saw how happy he was.






4 comments:

Tanya said...

I have had those days...and yes I cry. I cried looking at the pics that were posted. They were great times. Love you

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel my dear Tricia to a certain degree. My therapy sometimes are looking at so many pictures and taking beautiful walks down memory lane. I look forward to seeing all of you soon. Love, Diane

Noah said...

I miss him too, Babe! Like crazy. He really loved us all. What a void. Glad that we can keep thinking about him and remembering him. Thanks for posting this, Babe. You have grieved him in a very healthy way! Proud of you.

Anonymous said...

I love this song called Wish you were here by Mark Harris. I encourage you to take a listen to it even if you have heard it before. I love to listen to it when I am missing people I have lost.